Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- Nothing to eat or drink (including water) after midnight the night before surgery. You may, however, brush your teeth and rinse out your mouth the morning of surgery.
- Must have a legal guardian (if minor) or responsible adult to accompany you to the surgery. This escort must check in with you and onsite during surgery.
- Do not drive or operate machinery for at least 24 hours after surgery or while you are taking prescribed pain medications.
- It is recommended that a responsible adult remain with you at home to assist with post-op care.
- Do not wear eye makeup, fingernail polish, jewelry, or contact lenses to your surgery.
- Wear a short sleeve shirt or loose fitting clothing that sleeves can be rolled up past the elbow, no flip-flops, and no high heels.
- Leave cell phones OFF and with your escort during surgery. The use of cell phones and recording devices are strictly prohibited in all clinical areas.
- If you develop cold or other health problems before surgery, please call the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please call our office prior to your surgical date for instructions.
- No smoking day of surgery. It is recommended to cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to day of surgery.
- Do not consume alcohol within 48 hours or utilize recreational drugs (including Marijuana, Cocaine, Heroin, etc) 14 days prior to surgery as this may cause anesthetic complications including death.
- Most patients require a day of surgery and two days after surgery recovery time.
Are You Ready to Enhance Your Smile?
Providing comprehensive oral surgery services to the communities in Southern Wisconsin and Northern Illinois since 1992.